Curriculum for 3 year – 4 year
- Recognizing and writing of upper case alphabet
- Writing one’s name in upper and lower case.
- Recognition of basic Sight Words ( I, a, here, are etc)
- Identifying and naming of colors.
- Identifying and naming of basic and more complex shapes.
- Understanding of the calendar and ability to name the months and the days of the week.
- Developing a vocabulary and listening skills and attention span (through listening to books being read, flannel board stories, etc.)
- Developing the ability to translate personal thoughts, recall events, and articulate these into sentences in front of a group – News time and Show and Tell.
- To be able to talk in front of a group. (Monday news time and Friday show and tell)
- Developing a positive self image and creativity.
- Learning to interact, share and cooperate with a peer group.
- Learning to identify feelings in oneself and others.
Arts as a means of expressions :
Workings with art materials to
- Express feelings and ideas
- Develop creativity and confidence
- Foster an appreciation for various art forms.
Gross Motor development
- Fostering large muscle skills, balance, coordination and self expression (though games, playground activities and musical exercises.)
- Developing the curiosity necessary to wonder why, what, when and where through basic hands-on science projects and activities.
- Developing an awareness of the world around them.
- Recognition and writing of numerals 1-10
- Developing basic math concepts such as patterning, sorting, classifying, addition and subtraction (though exploration of tangible objects such as unifix cubes, beads, manipulatives etc.)
- Learning to recognize and compare shapes, sizes and quantities.
Fine motor development
- Fostering hand/eye coordination and pre-writing skills (though experiences with using crayons, chalk, brushes, tearing, pasting, stirring, molding, etc.)
- Increasing skills connected with daily practical experiences (such as dressing, buttoning, hanging coats, eating with a spoon or fork.)
- Developing small muscle control (through play with manipulative, interlocking blocks, puzzles, finger plays, etc.)
Crafts as a Means of Self Expression: Working with art materials to
- Express feelings and ideas.
- Develop creativity and imagination.
- Foster an appreciation for the various art forms.
- Bring out their creativeness.
- Reasoning, Sequencing, Patterning etc
- Introduction to Spanish